The Ripon Police Department offers Vacation Checks through its Volunteers In Police Services Program. Forms for the Vacations Checks can be picked up at the Police Department, or Printed here. Please note the following guidelines for a Vacation Check:
- Vacation Checks are for two week intervals only. If your vacation will be longer than two weeks, we ask that you take extra forms and mail them accordingly, or have a family member renew/update your request.
- Once you return home, notify the Police Department as soon as possible. For safety reasons we can not allow vacationers to be IN AND OUT during the time frame specified.
- Each time you leave for vacation please fill out a new Vacation Check Request form.
- Fill out form as neatly and accurately as possible. If a space does not apply please place N/A where applicable. DO NOT LEAVE ANY BLANK SPACES. Return the form to the Police Department at 259 N. Wilma Avenue.
- Personnel conducting the Vacations Checks are Volunteers. Therefore we can not guarantee that your home will be checked on a daily basis.
- The City of Ripon, it’s employees and volunteers, shall not be held liable should there be any vandalism, theft, or any crime committed on you property during your absence.