Designed to introduce Ripon youth age 11-13 years to law enforcement career options, the classes run during the summer months, and give students a chance to explore law enforcement career opportunities in a “hands-on” environment.
STUDENTS WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES:
- CPR/First Aide (advanced class)
- Physical Training
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Mock Traffic Stop (advanced class)
- Evidence Collection
- Guest Speakers from various law enforcement agencies
Class size is limited to 25 students and there is a nominal fee. Call Officer Sanchez at 599-2102 if you have any questions.
Basic JPA (one-week class)
- Monday, June 6th through Friday, June 10th (8AM – 12 Noon)
- Applications for Basic JPA are due by May 15th, 2016
- Download the Basic JPA Application, or pick one up in the Police Department Lobby
Advanced JPA (two-week class)
- Monday, July 11th through Friday, July 22nd (8AM – 12 Noon)
- The prerequisite for the advanced course is prior completion of the basic course.
- Applications for Advanced JPA applications are due June 15, 2016.
- Download the Advanced JPA Application, or pick one up in the Police Department Lobby